All entries must be made online at the link below by midnight Tuesday, September 1, 2020. No exceptions. No Refunds.
ENTRY FEES (There are no refunds for races once entered and paid)
High School Varsity Division Races
> $10.00 per athlete. Maximum 50.00 per team (Boys and Girls pay as separate teams). Limited to your top 7 runners only
High School JV Division Races
> $10.00 per team (boys and girls teams pay as separate teams). Unlimited entries
Middle School Division Races
> $10.00 per athlete. Maximum 50.00 per team (Boys and Girls pay as separate teams). Unlimited entries
Elementary School Races
> $10.00 per participant
ELIGIBILITY / DIVISIONS:
Sanctions have been requested through the NFHS and the TSSAA (Tennessee State Association). It is your responsibility to confirm that your state association has sanctioned this meet. The High School Division of this meet is not open to Track Club or Unattached entries.
High School Varsity Division
Open to all High School Athletes (grades 9,10,11,12). Limited to your top 7 athletes per team (boys and girls teams considered separate). Team Scoring
High School Junior Varsity Division
Open to all High School Athletes (grades 9,10,11,12) No entry limits. Team Scorng.
Middle School Division
Open to all Middle School Athletes (grades 6,7,8). No entry limits. Team Scoring.
Elementary School Division
Open to all Elementary School Athletes (grades 3,4,5). Girls and Boys in separate races / Ribbons to all participants. Team Scoring.
ENTRY LIMITS /TEAM SCORING
There is a 10 runner limit per team (boys and girls separate) for the Varsity High School Division only. There are no limits to the number of entrants per team for all other races. Team Scoring will follow standard scoring format. Top 5 runners score with team tie breakers taken to runner 6.
Make checks payable to:
Knoxville Youth Athletics / Mailed Entry Fees Due – September 1, 2020
Mail entry fees only to:
Knoxville Youth Athletics / VAPFC
P.O. Box 7204
Knoxville , TN 37921
CONCESSION / MEET T-SHIRT
**NO CONCESSIONS** Official Meet T-Shirts with meet logo will be on sale for $20.00 for PRE-ORDER ONLY! – Order Here
PARKING: $5 Cash or Card goes to Knoxville Livestock Center to help fund maintenance of the course and shutting down for the day so we can compete!
Individual – Top 15 in each race receive trophies. In order to facilitate the compact meet schedule individual awards will be distributed in the chute
Team – Plaques will be awarded to the top three teams in each scored division and distributed to teams as team results are complete.
General Rules for the 2020 Fall Season (Subject to Change)
Health and Safety
- If you cannot answer “NO” to all of these questions, you cannot attend a meet or practice:
- Have you been quarantined/isolated by a healthcare provider or health department in the past 14 days?
- Have you had close / face to face contact for 10 or more minutes with someone who has COVID-19?
- Are you feeling ill?
- In the past 24 hours have you had a fever, cold, shortness of breath, loss of sense of smell/taste, vomiting/diarrhea?
- If your temperature is 100.4 or higher, you and your household will not be permitted to come to the meet and will have to leave. If you answer yes to any of the other questions, you will not be permitted to the meet for a minimum of that day and up to 14 days dependent on the situation or cleared by their school policies.
- If a child is quarantined by their school or another entity, they are not permitted back at practice until they are cleared to return by their school policies.
- If an athlete tests positive, every athlete/coach that is told to self-quarantine by their school or other entity will not be permitted until they are cleared to return by their school or work policies.
- Hand sanitizer will also be available for anyone to use during the meet at high contact areas including portas and restrooms. Teams should have hand sanitizer as well.
- NO WATER WILL BE PROVIDED. COME PREPARED WITH ALL THE WATER YOU NEED. NO SHARING WATER. Teams can arrange to bring bottled water.
- Coaches must remain 6 feet away from all athletes unless wearing a mask.
- Athletes must remain 6 feet away from all athletes or wear a mask unless running or on starting line.
- MASKS NOT RECOMMENDED FOR ATHLETES WHILE COMPETING BUT MAY AT THEIR OWN DISCRETION. Coaches may wear masks if they cannot socially distance.
- Athletes should not enter team area until 45 min-1 hour prior to wave. We ask that team parents stay out of team areas unless assisting the coach and wear a mask at all times that 6 feet of distance cannot be maintained.
- Athletes and spectators may not spectate at the start line or finish area. Only athletes competing in that wave should be at the start and all athletes must exit the finish area immediately and go back to team area.
- We will utilize “wave” starts this season. This will keep the number of athletes on the starting line small while still allowing for competition and racing. The size of the wave will be pre-determined by KYA and the facility host. This will be reflected in the online registration for the event and capped at that figure.
- Coaches may pick up their packet about 45 minutes before their first wave.
- Athletes should avoid being in the team area more than 45 minutes before their wave. Parents should NOT be in the team area except if helping the coach with preparing the team for competition.
- Areas marked with “Caution tape” will be areas that you CANNOT spectate. These will typically be around the starting area and finish area.
- Clocks at finish and start will be synced with the time of day so that you know as a coach/spectator/athlete what time your race will start.
- Race courses are setup so that there is little to no overlap between waves and no cross-overs where athletes could crash.
- The race courses will be setup to be run autonomously and likely will not have a lead cart or cyclist.
- After the athlete finishes, they cannot hang around at the finish area, must return to their team area and leave if your household is done racing.
Safety Forms/COVID Waivers. Parents must fill out the Athlete Protocol Form, Parent Protocol From and Waiver. Coaches must fill out Coaches Protocol From and Waiver.
|Event Time||Event Type / Comments|
|4:00 PM||Packet Pick-up Opens (Finish Trailer). Packet Pick Up will remain open till 6:30|
|5:00 PM||Girls Elementary School Wave|
|5:15 PM||Boys Elementary School Wave|
|6:45 PM||Girls Middle School Wave|
|7:00 PM||Boys Middle School Wave|
|7:00 AM||Packet Pick-up Opens (Finish Trailer). Packet Pick Up will remain open till 12:00 noon|
|8:15 AM||Girls High School Varsity 5K A Race|
|8:45 AM||Boys High School Varsity 5K A Race|
|9:15 AM||Girls High School Junior Varsity 5K Race (A race teams ONLY)|
|9:45 AM||Boys High School Junior Varsity 5K Race (A race teams ONLY)|
|10:15 AM||Girls High School Varsity 5K B Race|
|10:45 AM||Boys High School Varsity 5K B Race|
|11:30 AM||Middle School Wave Starts|
|1:30 PM||Elementary School Wave Starts|