February 15, 2021
**NEW THIS YEAR** Due to the limitations of people in the facility, the meet will be limited to the first 425 athletes in the meet. If you fail to enter before the limit is reached, you will not be permitted in the event.
ENTRY DEADLINE – ENTRY FEE
200 meters banked Mondo
Warm-ups will be announced prior to each event field event. No running event warm-ups on track.
Packet Pickup will open open Monday at 8:00 AM in the Lobby area and remain open through the meet. If you are entering for the Southeast Showdown, you may not enter earlier than 2:30PM and may be subject to change based off of when the TN State Meet ends that afternoon.
Indoor Shots and Weights will need to be provided by the athlete.
TIMING / RESULTS
All races timed by TimingInc
T-SHIRTS / AWARDS
Commemorative shirts will be on sale at the meet for $20.00. **NEW GRAY COLOR!** Pre-Order Only! https://knoxvilleyouthathletics.squarespace.com/shop/southeast-showdown
Individual Awards: Top 3 individuals Relay Teams will be awarded a relay team plaque in addition to medals for the relay members. Meet T Shirts available in the Lobby area – Packet Pickup. Awards will be handed out at a location TBD.
General Rules for the Tennessee State HS Indoor Champs / Southeast Showdown
Health and Safety
- If you cannot answer “NO” to all of these questions, you cannot attend the meet:
- Have you been quarantined/isolated by a healthcare provider or health department in the past 14 days?
- Have you had close / face to face contact for 10 or more minutes with someone who has COVID-19?
- Are you feeling ill?
- In the past 24 hours have you had a fever, cold, shortness of breath, loss of sense of smell/taste, vomiting/diarrhea?
- If your temperature is 100.4 or higher, you and your household will not be permitted to come to the meet and will have to leave. If you answer yes to any of the other questions, you will not be permitted to the meet.
- If a child is quarantined by their school or another entity, they are not permitted back at the meet until they are cleared to return by their school policies.
- MASKS ARE REQUIRED AT ALL TIMES EXCEPT ATHLETES WHILE COMPETING.
- MASKS NOT RECOMMENDED FOR ATHLETES WHILE COMPETING BUT MAY AT THEIR OWN DISCRETION.
- Athletes and spectators may not spectate at the start line or finish area.
- All Athletes/Coaches/Spectators will be temp checked upon arrival. Anyone who is 100.4 or higher will not be permitted nor will their party (including athletes). They will receive a wristband acknowledging that they have been temp checked.
- Spectators must sit more than 6 feet from people not in their household.
- Noone may spectate on the railing in the stands. You must find a seat or keep moving.
- Coaches ONLY will be allowed in the coaches boxes. They must have a coaches wristband.
- Athletes are required to have their mask with them at all times so that they can wear it to the start line or just prior to their attempt and then have it so that they can put it on right after they finish their race/attempt.
- Spectators, Coaches, Meet Staff and Athletes not actively competing MUST BE MASKED AT ALL TIMES! If you do not agree with this policy, this meet is not for you. This is facility/city of Birmingham policy and is non-negotiable.
- Cleaning wipes will be available at the start line (if blocks are in use) and at all field events. Hand Sanitizer is forbidden on the competition floor per Crossplex.
- Water may or may not be provided. Athletes should come prepared with a water bottle. This is the only exception that KYA is aware of to the “No Outside Food or Drink” policy.
- Awards will be no contact and athletes will be taken directly from the event to awards to receive their medal. Parents and spectators will not be allowed on competition area.
Safety Forms/COVID Waivers. Parents must fill out the Athlete Protocol Form, Parent Protocol From and Waiver. Coaches must fill out Coaches Protocol From and Waiver.
MEET SCHEDULE TBD AFTER ENTRIES CLOSE – SUBJECT TO CHANGE
|Warmups from 2:30PM-3PM|
|3PM Start||Girls 60mH Prelims – Boys Moved to Finals|
|60m Dash Prelims|
|200m Dash Prelims|
|200m Dash Finals|
|60m Dash Finals|
|Estimated 6:30PM End Time|
|Estimated 3PM Start||Girls SP; Girls LJ; Boys LJ|
|Estimated 3PM Start||Girls PV Followed by Boys PV|
|Estimated 3:30PM Start||Girls HJ; Boys HJ|
|Estimated 3:45PM Start||Boys SP|
|Estimated 4:30 PM Start||Girls WT; Girls TJ; Boys TJ|
|Estimated 5:15 PM Start||Boys WT|
Meet Contact Information
For all questions, contact:
- Chris Kane
- Phone: 865-385-6237
- Email: email@example.com
Meet Contact Information
Registration for both meets will open on 12/21/20. We know this is the week of Christmas but with a week heads up, you should have time to look at your schedule, get the word out and start to get a poll of your team. Registration will open at 9AM EST. If you received this email, you will also receive an invite through Athletic.net which will be the registration system.