|REGION||DATE||LOCATION||MEET CONTACT||MEET INFORMATION||RESULTS||STATE QUALIFIERS|
|Chattanooga||10/10/2020||Brainerd High School, Chattanooga, TN||Andy Johnson – 423-421-4403 / firstname.lastname@example.org||Website / Online Entry||Complete||Girls / Boys|
|Knoxville||10/10/2020||Knoxville Livestock Center – Knoxville, TN||Chris Kane – 865-385-6237 / email@example.com||Website / Online Entry||Complete||Girls / Boys|
|Mid-State||10/10/2020||Macon County HS Lafayette, TN||Andy Davis – 615-670-1860 / firstname.lastname@example.org||Website / Online Entry||Complete||Girls / Boys|
|Tri-Cities||10/10/2020||Trailblazer Invite – Daniel Boone HS||Len Jeffers – 423-612-0650 / email@example.com||Website / Online Entry||Complete||Girls / Boys|
|Nashville||10/10/2020||The Hermitage – Nashville, TN||Hollee Ally – firstname.lastname@example.org||Website / Online Entry||Complete||Girls / Boys|
|West||10/7-8/2020||Shelby Farms Memphis,TN||Nick Dwyer – 901-359-2012 / email@example.com||Website / Online Entry||Complete||Girls / Boys|
|TMSSAA Meet Qualifiers||10/3/2020||Clarksville,TN||Girls Class A|
|Girls Class AA|
|Boys Class A|
|Boys Class AA|
DETAILS REGARDING VARSITY/JV SUBJECT TO CHANGE
All Entries must be completed online by October 13th, 2020. You may not enter this event unless you have qualified through a regional qualifying event (qualifiers are listed by regional below) To enter online Please click the link below. You must pay with Visa / MC / Debit online no later than 10/13/20. School issued checks accepted. Please prepare your school bookkeepers with regards to online payment requirement or school check. If you need your invoice, please go back into athletic.net and print off your registration invoice. Please make sure to print this off and bring it with you to packet pick up as proof of entry and payment. Scratches or no-shows will not be refunded. Online Entry Tutorial
Varsity Division – (Boys and Girls pay as separate teams). (7 athletes max per team) Maximum $60.00 per team. If you have under 5 athletes – $12.00 per athlete.
Middle School Junior Varsity Division -$12.00 per athlete. Maximum $60.00 per team (Boys and Girls as separate teams). This division is for large qualified teams (7+) that would still like all of their runners to compete at the state meet. Unlimited JV entries per team.
ELIGIBILITY / DIVISIONS
This is a Tennessee State Championship meet for Tennessee middle school aged athletes only. You must be in the 6th, 7th or 8th grade to compete. Any athlete that has competed at the High School level (Varsity or Junior Varsity) prior to the regional qualifier or state meet will not be eligible to compete. Teams and / or individuals must qualify to compete in this championship meet through designated regional qualifying races. Fifth graders may only participate in the middle school race if:
1. If your respective school district designates 5th graders as Middle School.
2. If your school has 5th graders on the same campus as your Middle School and you DO NOT have enough runners to field a complete scoring Middle School team (5 runners). Unattached 5th graders may not run in the middle school division.
Middle School Varsity Division – Open to all Tennessee Middle School Athletes (grades 6,7,8) that have qualified at a regional qualifier either as a member of a top 5 team or top 25 individual. Teams – only your top 7 runners should be entered in the varsity race.
**VARSITY B WAVE** – This is new for 2020 ONLY. To allow athletes who are not going to be compete for top placing or just want more space in their race can choose the B wave which will be less competitive. This is treated as a wave start and results will be added to the A wave for a complete result. B wave competitors are still eligible for Varsity awards. This is NOT for JV runners and JV runners should not enter this race.
Middle School Junior Varsity Division – Open to all Tennessee Middle School Athletes of teams that have qualified at a regional qualifier (grades 6,7,8). This division is only for those qualified teams with more than 7 runners. All remaining runners outside of your top 7 should be entered in the JV Division.
All Individual qualifiers for the State Meet should enter the Varsity division race. The JV division race is only for those teams who have more than 7 Elementary / 7 Middle School runners on their teams.
TMSAA MEMBER SCHOOLS
Please note that the Tennessee Middle School Cross Country Championships is a post (TMSAA) season invitational meet. Teams and individuals competing in Tennessee Middle School Cross Country Championships are selected through a set of five regional qualifying events. Teams must be made up of members of the same middle school team and must compete as a club-team from that school or as unattached runners. Composite or “All-Star” teams are not allowed. However home school teams are allowed. In 2016 the TMSAA member schools elected to host their own meet. The Tennessee State Middle School Cross Country Championships will invite the following teams and athletes to compete in the State Championships from the TMSAA meet held 10/3/2020.
STATE MEET QUALIFYING CRITERIA
> Top 5 teams (boys and girls) and the top 25 individuals outside of the top 5 teams qualify for the State Championships
> The balance above 7 will be placed in the JV race.
Regional Qualifier Map
Here are some helpful tutorials to use when registering:
ES-MS XC Program Specific Tutorials
Elementary Registration Page
Middle School Registration Page
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
T-SHIRTS – HOODIES
Commemorative shirts and hoodies will be on sale at the meet for $20.00. Hoodies for $40.00. Apparel will be on sale Friday during course preview in order for athletes and parents to avoid lines on race day. If you would like to pre-order apparel and have it ready for pick up at the meet please go to: https://knoxvilleyouthathletics.squarespace.com/ For questions, email: email@example.com
Individual Awards – Trophies will be awarded to the top 20 in each race.
Team Awards – Plaques will be awarded to the top Five boys and girls varsity and JV middle school teams.
All-State Designation – Awarded to top 20 individual in both the Middle School varsity girls and varsity boys races (All-State certificates to be awarded with trophies).
Team Scoring will follow standard scoring format. Top 5 runners score with team tie breakers taken to runners 6. Team Scoring
for all races
General Rules for the 2020 Fall Season (Subject to Change)
Health and Safety
- If you cannot answer “NO” to all of these questions, you cannot attend a meet or practice:
- Have you been quarantined/isolated by a healthcare provider or health department in the past 14 days?
- Have you had close / face to face contact for 10 or more minutes with someone who has COVID-19?
- Are you feeling ill?
- In the past 24 hours have you had a fever, cold, shortness of breath, loss of sense of smell/taste, vomiting/diarrhea?
- If your temperature is 100.4 or higher, you and your household will not be permitted to come to the meet and will have to leave. If you answer yes to any of the other questions, you will not be permitted to the meet for a minimum of that day and up to 14 days dependent on the situation or cleared by their school policies.
- If a child is quarantined by their school or another entity, they are not permitted back at practice until they are cleared to return by their school policies.
- If an athlete tests positive, every athlete/coach that is told to self-quarantine by their school or other entity will not be permitted until they are cleared to return by their school or work policies.
- Hand sanitizer will also be available for anyone to use during the meet at high contact areas including portas and restrooms. Teams should have hand sanitizer as well.
- NO WATER WILL BE PROVIDED. COME PREPARED WITH ALL THE WATER YOU NEED. NO SHARING WATER. Teams can arrange to bring bottled water.
- Coaches must remain 6 feet away from all athletes unless wearing a mask.
- Athletes must remain 6 feet away from all athletes or wear a mask unless running or on starting line.
- MASKS NOT RECOMMENDED FOR ATHLETES WHILE COMPETING BUT MAY AT THEIR OWN DISCRETION. Coaches may wear masks if they cannot socially distance.
- Athletes should not enter team area until 45 min-1 hour prior to wave. We ask that team parents stay out of team areas unless assisting the coach and wear a mask at all times that 6 feet of distance cannot be maintained.
- Athletes and spectators may not spectate at the start line or finish area. Only athletes competing in that wave should be at the start and all athletes must exit the finish area immediately and go back to team area.
- We will utilize “wave” starts this season. This will keep the number of athletes on the starting line small while still allowing for competition and racing. The size of the wave will be pre-determined by KYA and the facility host. This will be reflected in the online registration for the event and capped at that figure.
- Coaches may pick up their packet about 45 minutes before their first wave.
- Athletes should avoid being in the team area more than 45 minutes before their wave. Parents should NOT be in the team area except if helping the coach with preparing the team for competition.
- Areas marked with “Caution tape” will be areas that you CANNOT spectate. These will typically be around the starting area and finish area.
- Clocks at finish and start will be synced with the time of day so that you know as a coach/spectator/athlete what time your race will start.
- Race courses are setup so that there is little to no overlap between waves and no cross-overs where athletes could crash.
- The race courses will be setup to be run autonomously and likely will not have a lead cart or cyclist.
- After the athlete finishes, they cannot hang around at the finish area, must return to their team area and leave if your household is done racing.
Safety Forms/COVID Waivers. Parents must fill out the Athlete Protocol Form, Parent Protocol From and Waiver. Coaches must fill out Coaches Protocol From and Waiver.
**NEW SCHEDULE AS OF 10/12**
|4:00PM – 7:00PM||Course Preview – Early Apparel Sales – Early Packet Pickup|
|9:00 AM – 2PM||Packet Pick Up|
|9:00 AM||Course Open for Warm ups|
|9:45 AM||Course Closed for Warm ups|
|10:00 AM||Girls Elementary School Junior Varsity Race – 1 Mile|
|10:15 AM||Girls Elementary School Varsity Race – 1 Mile|
|10:30 AM||Girls Elementary School Awards|
|11:15 AM||Boys Elementary School Junior Varsity Race – 1 Mile|
|11:30 AM||Boys Elementary School Varsity Race – 1 Mile|
|11:45 AM||Boys Elementary School Awards|
|12:00 PM||Course Open for Warm ups|
|12:45 PM||Course Closed for Warm ups|
|12:50 PM||Girls Middle School Junior Varsity Race – 2 Mile|
|1:20 PM||Girls Middle School Varsity B Wave – 2 Mile|
|1:40 PM||Girls Middle School Varsity A Wave – 2 Mile|
|2:00 PM||Girls Middle School Awards|
|2:45 PM||Boys Middle School Junior Varsity Race – 2 Mile|
|3:10 PM||Boys Middle School Varsity B Wave – 2 Mile|
|3:30 PM||Boys Middle School Varsity A Wave – 2 Mile|
|3:45 PM||Boys Middle School Awards|