2020 KYA 5K PR Classic
November 21, 2020
Nothing can replace races like Footlocker or Nike. However, we want to give athletes one more shot to set a personal best 5K time before ending their fall season! Join us at Cherokee Blvd in Knoxville, TN on a super fast, flat course!
Entry Fee for the Time Trial is $10.00 (if you are a registered participant of Knoxville Youth Athletics Post Season Cross Country Program there is no entry fee). All entries must be completed by 11/19/20 (Midnight – EST). You can pay your $10 at the meet when you pick up your bib.
|11:00 AM||Girls 5K||Section B|
|11:30 AM||Girls 5K||Section A|
|12:00 PM||Boys 5K||Section B|
|12:00 PM||Boys 5K||Section A|
General Rules for the 2020 Fall Season (Subject to Change)
Health and Safety
- If you cannot answer “NO” to all of these questions, you cannot attend a meet or practice:
- Have you been quarantined/isolated by a healthcare provider or health department in the past 14 days?
- Have you had close / face to face contact for 10 or more minutes with someone who has COVID-19?
- Are you feeling ill?
- In the past 24 hours have you had a fever, cold, shortness of breath, loss of sense of smell/taste, vomiting/diarrhea?
- If your temperature is 100.4 or higher, you and your household will not be permitted to come to the meet and will have to leave. If you answer yes to any of the other questions, you will not be permitted to the meet for a minimum of that day and up to 14 days dependent on the situation or cleared by their school policies.
- If a child is quarantined by their school or another entity, they are not permitted back at practice until they are cleared to return by their school policies.
- If an athlete tests positive, every athlete/coach that is told to self-quarantine by their school or other entity will not be permitted until they are cleared to return by their school or work policies.
- Hand sanitizer will also be available for anyone to use during the meet at high contact areas including portas and restrooms. Teams should have hand sanitizer as well.
- NO WATER WILL BE PROVIDED. COME PREPARED WITH ALL THE WATER YOU NEED. NO SHARING WATER. Teams can arrange to bring bottled water.
- MASKS NOT RECOMMENDED FOR ATHLETES WHILE COMPETING BUT MAY AT THEIR OWN DISCRETION. Coaches/spectators must wear a mask. Athletes must be masked when not running.
- Athletes should not enter team area until 45 min-1 hour prior to wave. We ask that team parents stay out of team areas unless assisting the coach and MUST wear a mask at all times.
- Athletes and spectators may not spectate at the start line or finish area. Only athletes competing in that wave should be at the start and all athletes must exit the finish area immediately and go back to team area.
- We will utilize “wave” starts this season. This will keep the number of athletes on the starting line small while still allowing for competition and racing. The size of the wave will be pre-determined by KYA and the facility host. This will be reflected in the online registration for the event and capped at that figure.
- Coaches may pick up their packet about 45 minutes before their first wave.
- Athletes should avoid being in the team area more than 45 minutes before their wave. Parents should NOT be in the team area except if helping the coach with preparing the team for competition.
- Areas marked with “Caution tape” will be areas that you CANNOT spectate. These will typically be around the starting area and finish area.
- Clocks at finish and start will be synced with the time of day so that you know as a coach/spectator/athlete what time your race will start.
- Race courses are setup so that there is little to no overlap between waves and no cross-overs where athletes could crash.
- The race courses will be setup to be run autonomously and likely will not have a lead cart or cyclist.
- After the athlete finishes, they cannot hang around at the finish area, must return to their team area and leave if your household is done racing.
Safety Forms/COVID Waivers. Parents must fill out the Athlete Protocol Form, Parent Protocol From and Waiver. Coaches must fill out Coaches Protocol From and Waiver.